Wednesday 2 August 2006

The Bike

I’ve had a number of bikes over the years but in 2005 I treated myself to a new bike - a Trek 1400. This was bought from Chevin Cycles in Otley. It was a 2004 model hence I got it for £200.00 off the list price. I’d been messing around trying to find better gearing for my Raleigh R200 but decided the only way to go was to buy a bike with, dare I say it, a triple chainset! This bike, I reckon, is a bit of a beast! Now that I have this extra little cog at the front, it doesn't get a lot of use! Well OK, maybe up the most severe hills!

TREK SPEK

Frame:- Alpha SL Aluminium Super Light aluminium. Double butted, seamless drawn smooth welded round tubing. Custom butted 1-1.8" head tube with integrated headset. Stiff, powerful elliptical chainstays. Cold forged replaceable derailleur hanger. Trek Pro geometry.

Fork:- Carbon straight blade w/alloy steerer

Wheels:- Bontrager Select

Tires:- Bontrager Select 700x23c

Saddle:- Trek Race

Seatpost:-Bontrager Sport

Handlebars:- Bontrager Sport

Stem:- Alloy AHS, 10°

Headset:- Alloy integrated 1-1/8" cartridge, sealed

Shifters:- Shimano 105 STI

Front derailleur:- Shimano 105

Rear derailleur:- Shimano 105

Crankset:- Shimano 105 53/39/30

Cassette:- Shimano HG-50 12-25, 9spd

Brakeset:- Shimano 105 w/Shimano 105 STI levers



Other Bikes:-

Raleigh R200 (used for 20 mile round trip commute)

A very old and tatty Saracen Ruff Trax mountain bike (for messing around on)

No comments:

Post a Comment